Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
PLASMA PEN® SKIN TIGHTENING
PLASMA PEN® SKIN TIGHTENING treatment is a revolutionary technology that is used to help tighten skin in a non-surgical manner. For many years, plasma technology has been utilized across Europe to achieve incredible cosmetic enhancement in different areas of the body. Fortunately, this same technology is now available here in the United States. One main reason why plasma skin tightening has gained such popularity in the world of plastic surgery and cosmetic dermatology is the fact it is minimally invasive – yet can deliver results that rival many surgical procedures.
Plasma Pen® delivers a brighter, more contoured youthful appearance. The results of the treatment are virtually immediate and incredibly long lasting without the need for fillers or surgical correction. Plasma Pen's technology is revolutionizing what is possible in skin revitalization, tone and texture.
WHY DO WE NEED PLASMA PEN®
Just like the scaffolding of a building then, over time, it will begin to weaken and rust, lose its flexibility and strength and become unable to bear the load it was originally designed to support. It will eventually buckle, sag and collapse. This is similar to what occurs in our skin.
As we age our dermal layer thins and the production of collagen molecules slows down dramatically and this leads to a deflationary effect on the surface of our skin causing us to get lines, wrinkles and sagging skin. As the scaffolding of our skin deteriorates it loses laxity and texture and the elastin that underpins our skins elasticity (not least by cross-linking with collagen like the brackets on a scaffold) begins to wear out, deform, and ‘slide’ over the collagen fibrils. This prevents them from maintaining a solid structure.
Plasma Pen was developed by Louise Walsh to deliver completely natural soft-surgery plasma fibroblasting with stunning, long lasting results. It is entirely designed to dramatically repair, reverse and mitigate the negative effects of ageing by using our state-of-the-art nitrogen plasma technology, hard science, sophisticated technique, best practice training and support plus all the best pre and post treatment and care which we manufacture and supply all over the world. Consequently, we are able to significantly tighten, lift, resurface, rejuvenate and regenerate practically any area of the skin.
WHAT ARE FIBROBLASTS?
Fibroblasts are the most common cells of connective tissue in the body and they are the only cells that can make Type III collagen. Type III collagen synthesises alongside tougher Type I collagen over a period of about 3 months. Type I and Type III collagen is what helps provide the strength in our skins dense connective tissues and they are famed for minimising fine lines, wrinkles and micro-furrows and improving the elasticity, suppleness and hydration of our skin.
Most fibroblasts are inactive and are actually called fibrocytes. Fibrocytes will rarely undergo cell division and will not produce collagen unless they are specifically re-activated by a wound healing process or inflammatory response. We do precisely that with Plasma Pen.
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN THE HEALING PROCESS?
- “Neoepithelialisation” (the formation of new epithelial tissue) becomes visible as tiny carbon crusts which desquamate (flake off) within the framework of aftercare. This occurs rapidly after a Plasma Pen treatment and is usually complete 3 to 7 days post-procedure. These carbon crusts serve as a natural and protective biological dressing and will flake off naturally as the newly formed and rejuvenated “neoepidermis” appears.
- Plasma Pen is the gift that keeps giving because, parallel to the rapid formation of new epithelial tissue (which constitutes the superficial healing process), our nitrogen plasma treatment initiates a comprehensive healing response over the coming 12 weeks. This healing process is best characterised by extensive dermal remodelling that includes neocollagenesis (new collagen synthesis), neoelastogenesis (the production of elastin), cross-linking between the collagen and elastin fibrils (the alignment and cross linking of collagen and elastin strengthens, plumps, inflates and lifts the structure of the skin above over a sustained period of time) and the reversal of elastotic change (the premature degeneration of dermal elastic tissue). The inflammatory response which occurs during the healing process we stimulate also activates “M2 Macrophages”. These are white blood cells that engulf and digest cellular debris and decrease the inflammation we cause. We also stimulate the migration of “basal keratinocytes” from the basal layer of the skin to the surface and they help fill in the gaps created by the micro-trauma we create
- Many other exciting things happen including “neovascularisation” which is the formation of new blood vessels and the release of growth factors. These growth factors include “cytokines” - small proteins important in cell signalling that help modulate our immune response, our cell ageing and the repair and growth of new cells.
- All the positive changes we make with our device underpin future tissue stability (homeostasis) and help prevent/mitigate/slow down many of future negative effects caused by the ageing process.
Frequency of Treatments:
- One treatment is usually enough. Sometimes a second treatment is needed for desired results
- One treatment every two years
*Individual results may vary. Results were after one treatment
Frequently Asked Questions
Everything you need to know about your Plasma Pen® treatment
Frequently Asked Questions
Everything you need to know about your Plasma Pen® treatment
BEFORE THE TREATMENT
1. What device does RickSkin use for skin tightening?
RichSkin uses the Plasma Pen® by Louise Walsh International which is the world's leading plasma application device for the appearance of wrinkles, aging, skin laxity, tone and texture. This cosmetic procedure is administered by a licensed, trained and insured certified plasma technician. Plasma Pen by Louise Walsh International can unlock skin's potential for youthfulness and tighter, smoother skin in just one treatment with long lasting results and high patient satisfaction.
2. Am I a good candidate for this treatment? / Will this treatment work for me?
Unlike some alternatives, Plasma Pen® has been clinically proven to be effective as a revitalizing treatment for women and men with skin ranging from light to very dark.. For full Plasma Pen® treatment we only treat light to medium tone skin, Asian and African skin types may not qualify for full face treatments. A quick 10 minute free consultation with RichSkin will determine if you are a good candidate for the treatment. Plasma Pen® treatments, when properly spaced and overseen by a physician or nurse practitioner, can be safely used for years.
3. Is Plasma Pen® treatment painful?
Topical numbing agents are used on the skin during treatment. Most clients report minimal discomfort and often describe the treatment as merely tingly. The treatment may be moderately uncomfortable and sensitive depending on where you are being treated – especially eyelid procedures where the skin is at its thinnest. Our device and our super-fine probes allows providers to work more quickly and efficiently which minimizes potential discomfort for you but this all depends on your own sensitivities and tolerances to start with.
4. When will I see results?
Although results are often utterly dramatic from day one and your treated area may look completely healed from the outside very quickly, it takes several weeks and sometimes months to be able to see and fully appreciate all the results that the first treatment actually achieved.
5. How many treatment will I need?
For most, 1 treatment is enough. Sometimes a second treatment is needed for desired results
6. Do I need to do anything to prepare for the treatment?
Make sure your skin is clean. Do not apply any lotions, creams, perfumes, powder, or makeup before your treatment session, and avoid tanning. Remove all jewelry around the area being treated. If you have excessive hair on the treatment area, shave it beforehand. It also helps to be prepared with information about your medical history as your provider will likely ask about it.
DURING THE TREATMENT
1. How long does a treatment session last?
Each session can last 45 minutes to a couple hours, depending on the area(s) being treated.
2. What does the treatment feel like?
You will feel a tiny zap that many report feels like a light shock. Your face will then feel warm, like a sunburn.
3. Will it be painful?
Plasma Pen® skin tightening treatments may be slightly uncomfortable, but not painful. Topical numbing agents are used on the skin during treatment. Most clients report minimal discomfort and often describe the treatment as merely tingly. The treatment may be moderately uncomfortable and sensitive depending on where you are being treated – especially eyelid procedures where the skin is at its thinnest. Our device and our super-fine probes allows providers to work more quickly and efficiently which minimizes potential discomfort for you but this all depends on your own sensitivities and tolerances to start with.
AFTER THE TREATMENT
1. How will my skin feel after my treatment?
Your skin may feel warm, like a sunburn, and can remain red for anywhere from a few hours to a few days depending on the intensity of the treatment. Be sure to follow instructions for before and after your treatment.
2. How long will the results last and are they permanent?
After your treatment, your results will continue to improve. However, one touch- up session may be needed approximately every 6 months, depending on how your skin responds.
3. Is there any downtime/How long is recovery time?
There may be some mild swelling – especially around the eyes and periorbital (around the eyes) region. Swelling for 1 to 5 days post-treatment is normal but is usually of a very minor nature and to be expected. Post-treatment downtime and recovery from Plasma Pen is frequently shown to be superior to treatment with other devices. The area treated must not be covered with plasters, occlusive dressing or any type of make-up, mascara, creams or any other product until the area has fully healed (except specific products we recommend and which are available from RickSkin. The scabs will fall off in 3-7 days. Once healed, please use SPF 50 sunscreen for at least 12 weeks and you should avoid sunbeds and sunbathing.
4. Do I need to do anything after my treatment?
If your skin feels hot, you can use a fan to cool it down. Avoid touching or scratching the treatment area. Do not put lotion, makeup, or anything else on your skin, until the scabs have fallen off. You may use aloe vera up to three times a day to aid in relief from itching and to help the healing process. Also avoid rigorous exercise and hot baths or massages on the treatment area for the first 2 days after your session. Make sure to keep your skin clean and protected from the sun. Avoid any sort of tanning. RickSkin will supply you with a post care skin regimen, simply follow the instructions on the box.
5. If I got a treatment on my face, can I put makeup up on right after?
No. You should wait until the area has fully healed to apply any makeup or lotion. Keep your scabs/crusts moist by applying aloe vera up to three times per day. This will provide relief from any tendency to itch and expedite the healing process. The scabs will fall off in 3-7 days. Do not pick or scratch at the area, allow the scabs to fall off them
6. Will I experience any complications from the Plasma Pen treatment?
Very, very few clients ever experience complications of any kind with Plasma Pen. Our device is known to deliver compressed downtimes, higher velocity recovery and superior results. Any rare complications or effects will not be caused by the device (and unlikely by the provider either) but more likely because an existing contraindication or medical issue was not revealed and/or because a client fails to comply with their aftercare management plan. Deferred aftercare and/or aftercare with incorrect products are often the chief culprits where a negative aspect of any kind occurs.