BEFORE THE TREATMENT
1. What is BOTOX® Cosmetic?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is the #1 selling treatment of its kind*:
It’s the first and only treatment FDA-approved to temporarily make moderate to severe frown lines, crow's feet and forehead lines look better in adults
- A quick 10-minute treatment with minimal downtime
- You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines
- It delivers predictable, subtle results, so you look like you, only with less noticeable facial lines
2. How much research has gone into BOTOX® Cosmetic?
When you choose BOTOX® Cosmetic, you can trust in its established track record. Backed by over 15 years of clinical studies, BOTOX® Cosmetic is the most widely researched and studied treatment of its kind, approved for use in 96 countries. The safety and efficacy of BOTOX® Cosmetic has been described in more than 495 peer-reviewed articles in scientific and medical journals.
3. How does BOTOX® Cosmetic work?
BOTOX® Cosmetic targets one of the underlying causes of frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines — the repeated muscle contractions from frowning, squinting, smiling and raising the eyebrows over the years. Your RichSkin provider will inject these muscles with BOTOX® Cosmetic to temporarily reduce muscle activity. You will begin to notice a visible smoothing of the frown lines between your brows, your crow’s feet lines and your forehead lines.
4. Will my face look overdone or unnatural?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a technique-sensitive treatment. You can trust BOTOX® Cosmetic to deliver subtle results when you are treated by someone who is licensed, trained, and a medical expert in facial anatomy. So you’ll look like yourself—only with less noticeable lines. No one should be able to tell you’ve had anything done
DURING THE TREATMENT
1. How much time does treatment take?
The injection process takes a quick 10 minutes. Your RichSkin provider will discuss your treatment goals and perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatment areas for you.
2. What should I expect? Does treatment hurt?
Some patients report that being injected with BOTOX® Cosmetic feels like a pinch. If you are concerned about discomfort, your specialist can instead apply a topical numbing cream before administering your treatment.
3. How many injections will I receive?
Treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic is customized to your goals and needs. When you meet with your RichSkin provider, he or she will determine the appropriate treatment for any areas you wish to address, including moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines. Remember, only BOTOX® Cosmetic is approved to treat all three of these areas.
- For the crow’s feet area, your specialist will inject 3 areas of the muscle that frames the side of the eye. This will be repeated on the muscle that frames the other eye.
- For the frown lines area, your specialist will administer 5 injections into the muscles between your brows and in your forehead.
- For the forehead lines area, your specialist will administer 5-10 injections into a muscle in your forehead.
AFTER THE TREATMENT
1. When will I see results?
After Botox is placed into the targeted muscles, the weakening effect gradually begins anywhere from 3-7 days and is not complete for two weeks.
2. How long will my results last
Botox will last approximately 2-3 months at first. If you maintain your treatment appointments the duration of each treatment result may last longer than four months.
3. Is there any downtime/How long is recovery time?
Absolutely no downtime. The treatment area may look a red, but this will go away within 1-2 hours. You may have some bruising but this typically lasts a few days to a week and may be covered easily by makeup.
4. Do I need to do anything after my treatment?
Do NOT have a facial, rub or massage the treated area for 72 hours after your treatment. Also, do NOT lie down or do strenuous exercise for four hours after treatment.
5. If I got a treatment on my face, can I put makeup up on right after?
Yes, you can apply makeup and/or lotion immediately after your treatment.